"Well, ain't that a kick in the pants!?!"

Life has been referred to as a roller coaster, a journey, a mystery ... for me, it has been all of those things and more. Not because I've led this ubber interesting life or done amazing things but because I am trying, as hard as I can, to learn. And sometimes, learning something about life isn't easy. Sometimes, it hurts or it's arduous or it even sucks. But I'm thankful to draw breath and continue this trip called life, even if it gives me a kick in the butt at times....



Sunday, July 24, 2011

I blog, therefore, I am.....

So, starting a blog was kind of a spontaneous decision.  I recently read a friend's blog and was surprised at how interesting and a bit addicting it was to watch for blog updates.  The plan began to form:  I love writing in my journal and have secret dreams of becoming an accomplished author of witty and inciteful pieces of award winning literature.  I am savey enough to work a computer.  People who know me, agree that I like plastering my thoughts and lack of reasoning publically...  I shall grace the net with my musings as a blog.  It didn't hurt that I had a slow night at work.  So, here I am with my first blog entry into the world wide internet.

I thought about making this blog very specific, like about fat girls dieting or the joys of being a pediatric nurse.  But in the end, I decided to simply make it a general discussion about life. Life can be a real kick in the pants, in a good, "Hey, that was a hoot, a real kick in the pants!" sort of way or a less good, "Ah, shit! that kicked me in the ass!" kind of way.  It's all about the process of learning, finding that deeper meaning, that ah-ha moment.

So, maybe my life has had a few of these moments, and maybe, hopefully, my life will continue to have more of those good kick in the pants moments.  Whatever the case, I'm sharing them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment