"Well, ain't that a kick in the pants!?!"

Life has been referred to as a roller coaster, a journey, a mystery ... for me, it has been all of those things and more. Not because I've led this ubber interesting life or done amazing things but because I am trying, as hard as I can, to learn. And sometimes, learning something about life isn't easy. Sometimes, it hurts or it's arduous or it even sucks. But I'm thankful to draw breath and continue this trip called life, even if it gives me a kick in the butt at times....



Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back to blogging....

So, I just finished reading this book written by a blogger named Jen. How appropriate.  Anyway, her blog (which I haven't read yet) is PeopleIWantToPunchInTheFace.com.  Her book was about her experience with Christmas.  I really liked it and got through it pretty quickly, an easy read.  She's witty and snarky and says it like it is.  I aspire to be like that.  My husband thinks I say things like they are, right out, straight from my brain.  What he really doesn't get is that I am saying on a small portion of what I really think.  And, my stupid sense of justice and fairness keeps me from saying things that might hurt other people's feelings.  And, I happen to be one of those people who WILL get into trouble for saying what I think.  I am just lucky that way.  Not to mention, I care what people think, which is a big barrier to saying whatever you think and feel.  So, it's not one of my strong points.  I'm trying to work on my bitchy, I don't give a shit attitude so that I can write funnier shit.  It's a work in progress.  If you ask my ex, he'll tell you that I have this bitch stuff down.  If you ask me, I haven't nearly shared my true feelings with him or with most people.  The irony of preception.

No comments:

Post a Comment