"Well, ain't that a kick in the pants!?!"

Life has been referred to as a roller coaster, a journey, a mystery ... for me, it has been all of those things and more. Not because I've led this ubber interesting life or done amazing things but because I am trying, as hard as I can, to learn. And sometimes, learning something about life isn't easy. Sometimes, it hurts or it's arduous or it even sucks. But I'm thankful to draw breath and continue this trip called life, even if it gives me a kick in the butt at times....



Sunday, August 25, 2013

Quotes continued...

Well, I don't really have any other quotes to share right now.  I believe any quotes that I have in mind will be linked with f bombs and profanity most appropriate for southern hemisphere sea ports and brothels.  The quote that I conveyed to my husband was this one from Thomas Jefferson, "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."  Tonight, I am feeling this one, all the way.   Swinging desperately, avoiding the moment that I want to scream.

I've been trying to practice this "good" parenting stuff all day!  Damn, it takes the energy right out of you!  I feel like I ran a marathon while carrying a small Norwegen family on my back, cross stitching the words to America the Beautiful in leather.  I'm exhausted!!  WTF.  In my defense, I haven't lost my cool completely AND I followed through with instructions and expectations.  Damn skippy!!  She was tired and had fallen and scrapped her hand and didn't want to fold a basket of HER laundry AND take a shower.  And never mind that she never knows when bed time is but tonight points out at 9:34, "it's after my bedtime, do you still want me to fold this laundry AND take a shower?"  Yes. You stink. And your hair is greasy!

Just like when she was a toddler, I am so excited that it is bedtime and I can have some quiet time.  I plan a long, hot tub soak with Lavender oil added to the bath to help me calm down.  I might even drink a Strawberita for good measure.

This parenting thing...I just have to remember to tie that knot in the end of the rope before I even get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment